Explain in your own words, the FOUR key recommendations of the report.
1. Housing for Seniors
- There would be different housing options to meet the needs of the elders. The housing options have elderly-friendly features for them to remain independent. It might also help to bring the seniors closer to their families and Singapore will be the best home for all age.
2. Accessibility for Seniors
- Transportation and buildings are amended to be elderly-friendly. Transportation should also not be a problem for the elderly to continue their daily life.
3. Caring for Seniors
- Eldercare and healthcare services would be easily accessible, efficient and affordable, ensuring the dignity and quality of life of the elderly are maintained.
4. Opportunities for Seniors
- There would be some activities organised by community clubs to let the elderly to have an active lifestyle, They would also have more time to spend with their families making Singaporeans, both young and old, to have positive attitudes towards the elderly.
State ONE way that the CAI report is recommending to make our public housing more elderly-friendly
-They could vary the length of land leases as shorter land leases will facilitate the development of retirement housing by the private sector.
- State TWO ways on how we can ensure that the quality of elderly care here in Singapore is affordable
1. Top up the Medisave accounts of less well-of Singaporeans when there are budget surpluses that the government that the Government can share with the people.
2.Family physicians should play an important role in the management of healthcare needs for seniors.
- After reading the CAI report, what do you are the THREE things that you can do, as an SST student, to help overcome these elderly challenges
1. I could start by caring the seniors in or near my home if they need help with any tasks and i can also develop a positive mindset towards the elderly.
2. I could also think of ways to improve facilities and accessibility of certain areas so that the elderly and the disabled will have no difficulties to continue with their daily life.
3. I could also organise some activities that will requires the entire family to participate so that the family can bond and they will have time to spend with each other doing things that they would like to do.